Toddler Program (18 – 24 months)
Come on in and visit this fun program! You will love the energy and love in this room. Our toddler program is filled with activities, music and nurturing moments. You will enjoy the interactions between the teachers and children as well as the new friendships between children.
Curriculum – Our curriculum for our Toddlers is one of self and world discovery. Our teachers provide a warm, nurturing and safe environment which supports each individual child and their specific needs. Our caregivers meet the goals for each toddler by creating a strong relationship and addressing each child’s needs as they are presented.
The goals of our Toddler rooms are:
• Clean, safe, warm, nurturing classrooms
• Primary caregiver model
• Support for individual children’s social and emotional growth
• Strong relationships with children and parents
• Beginning relationships and interactions with peers
• Encourage toddler development of social and emotional milestones
• Enhance and encourage physical development and skills
• Encourage and demonstrate sensible health, safety, and nutritional practices
• Encourage exploration in a safe and secure environment
• Provide parents with support and resources
• Respect cultural diversity
The core curriculum consists of constant interactions between toddlers and caregivers. Our Toddler rooms use a resource called ACTIVE LEARNING as the base of ideas to incorporate into the daily activities in these rooms. Active Learning is an activity-based program designed to encourage and support fine and gross motor skills as appropriate for each individual child. It gives our teachers ideas to add to their daily routine, which keeps the children stimulated, engaged as well as provides an opportunity for bonding with their caregiver.
Extensions – In addition to Active Learning, our Toddler Programs are filled with age appropriate art experiences, music, and movement as well as time for reading.